36+ Jack Benny Quotes On Education, Show And Johnny Carson
Quick Jump To
Top 10 Jack Benny Quotes (BEST)
- I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either.
- My wife Mary and I have been married for forty-seven years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never.
- A rich man is one who isn't afraid to ask the salesperson to show him something cheaper.
- Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- A scout troop consists of twelve little kids dressed like schmucks following a big schmuck dressed like a kid.
- I gambled at the crap table all night and finally lost $8, but during that time the house gave me four drinks and two cigars, so it was still a lot cheaper than renting a room.
- Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the clubs and the fresh air.
- Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese. Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- I went to a meeting for premature ejactulators. I left early.
- I took my girl to dinner, and she laughed so hard at one of my jokes that she dropped her tray.
Jack Benny Short Quotes
- I was born in Waukegan a long, long time ago. As a matter of fact, our rabbi was an Indian.
- How do I get to Carnegie Hall? Practice. Practice. Practice.
- There's only five real people in Hollywood. Everyone else is Mel Blanc.
- It's not so much knowing when to speak, when to pause.
- I'm like Will Rogers, I never met a man I didn't like... well, Eichmann maybe.
- Everything good that happened to me happened by accident.
- No matter how often I tell people I'm thirty-nine some of them refuse to believe I'm that old.
Jack Benny Quotes On Show
I began my show business career playing violin in San Francisco at the corner of Market and Taylor. I understand that there is a theater there now. — Jack Benny
I feel responsible for Johnny Ray's success. See many years ago I asked him to be on my show and he asked for a lot of money and I cried. And he stole that from me. — Jack Benny
When another comedian has a lousy show, I'm the first one to admit it. — Jack Benny
Jack Benny Famous Quotes And Sayings
Comedy itself is based upon very old principles of which I can readily name seven. They are, in short: the joke, exaggeration, ridicule, ignorance, surprise, the pun, and finally, the comic situation. — Jack Benny
I must be cheaper now than I was ten years ago in order to get a laugh. It's not funny now if I leave the table and give the waiter a nickel tip, which was a laugh years ago. Today I must maneuver it so that somehow I get the waiter to give me a nickel tip. — Jack Benny
I'm living in a very modest place. I have a room over-looking beautiful Claridge's Hotel. I thought it was better than paying Claridge's prices and overlooking the dump I'm living in. — Jack Benny
As you may or may not know, in keeping with the high-class tone of Beverly Hills, our police force is probably the most snobbish group of gendarmes in the world. It is said that the Beverly Hills Police Department is so fancy that it has an unlisted number. — Jack Benny
Try to save something while your salary is small; it's impossible to save after you begin to earn more. — Jack Benny
I don't want to tell you how much insurance I carry with the Prudential, but all I can say is: when I go, they go too. — Jack Benny
Try saving when your salary is low. So after making more money, you will not be able to do this anywhere — Jack Benny
I was going to buy my girl a Packard car for Christmas, but it took too long to deliver, so I bought her some handkerchiefs. — Jack Benny
I believe in being honest with myself. If there's one thing I hate it's when a comedian is great and won't admit it. I've never met one like that, but if I did, I'd hate them. — Jack Benny
Any man who would walk five miles through the snow, barefoot, just to return a library book so he could save three cents - that's my kind of guy. — Jack Benny
When I give concerts, the tickets sell for five dollars to one hundred dollars, but for my concerts the five-dollar seats are down in front... the further back you go, the more you have to pay. The hundred dollar seats are the last two rows, and those tickets go like hotcakes! In fact, if you pay two hundred dollars you don't have to come at all. — Jack Benny
The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me except that I have a slight stomach pain. Wait till I get my hospital bill! Then I'll really have a pain the stomach! — Jack Benny
Bill Paley is not only the greatest boss I ever had, but he's the most brilliant, honest and warm human being I've ever met. And I'll say that to his face - even if it costs me my job. — Jack Benny
The only way I'll ever get hurt in the casino is if there's an earthquake and a slot machine falls on my foot. — Jack Benny
I'm happy to be making my first appearance on air professionally. By that I mean I'm finally getting paid, which I know will be a great relief to my creditors. — Jack Benny
When you talk about the world's greatest entertainer you have to say Al Jolson because there was no one like him. Only Judy Garland and perhaps Frank Sinatra got anywhere near him! — Jack Benny
Life Lessons by Jack Benny
- Jack Benny taught us to always stay humble and to never take ourselves too seriously. He also showed us how to laugh at our own mistakes and to be able to laugh at ourselves.
- He also taught us to be generous and to always be kind to those around us. He was known for his willingness to help out those in need and to always be there for his friends.
- Finally, Jack Benny showed us that it's important to always stay positive and to never give up on our dreams. He was a great example of someone who never stopped striving to achieve his goals despite the odds.
Which quote resonated with you best? Did you enjoy our collection of Jack Benny quotes? Or may be you have a quotation about Jack Benny to suggest. Let us know using our contact form.
About the author
This collection is managed by Quotlr Team, with an extensive background in quote curation. They have meticulously gathered, researched, and compiled the quotes featured on this page. Every quote has been diligently cross-verified for its origin, its authenticity, and its potential influence on our readership.
Feel free to cite and use any of the quotes by Jack Benny. For popular citation styles (APA, Chicago, MLA), go to citation page.
Embed HTML Link
Copy and paste this HTML code in your webpage